2/26/2007

In September of 2002, I enrolled in a Fly Casting Course with Eli Garrett.

I paid my fee and he gave me instructions on when and where to meet.

From the lobby of the King Eddy, we ascended , by elevator, to the top of the hotel.

After a short climb up a set of dusty stairs, we entered the abandoned floor, known as "The Crystal Ballroom".

The ceiling was awesome, and we were able to practice our fly casting without fear of catching anyone or anything in the process.

This is the west wall of the ballroom.


The view from the top is incredible, and, the whole day of practice makes for a great story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm a little late commenting on this. That room looks just as I imagined it when you first told me you were going there for fly fishing of all things. It's sad in a way that such a grand space can be left neglected. I'm glad you took those photos.

Anonymous said...

just popping in from bruce's site. nice pics, great old place. gee, i never thought of fly fishers practising indoors, but it makes sense.....good luck and i hope not too many end up with 'mare's nests' :D

Blog Archive