9/21/2007

Roncie

Last weekend, my friends and I wandered over to Roncesvalles to soak up some culture at the Polish Festival.






We stopped and looked at almost every store, and every vendor on the street.

As the growling started in our tummies, we looked for a place with Pirogies.

At last we seated ourselves in a restaurant at the corner of Geoffrey and Roncesvalles.

It was named "Staropolska" or Old Poland, and it was obviously a "Mom and Pop" place.

We ordered pirogies, and Polish beer. 
Afterwards, everyone indicated that they probably would not need to eat until tomorrow sometime.

I did not bring my camera, but borrowed one of my friend's little digital camera.




This was the Brighton Cinema at one time, now it is a convenience store.
Thanks for the info - "Cowgirl".

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It used to be the Brighton Cinema. I don't know much else about it except it was about the same capacity as the Revue up the street (approx 400) and that it wasn't as old as the Revue.

Cool blog. :-)

Blog Archive