6/02/2018

Vancouver

Last month I booked a flight to Vancouver.
It was time to visit my sister on the West Coast, and it was a nice respite after finishing my Chemotherapy treatments.

Leona met me a the airport and gave me a "Compass" card for traveling around the city (the card, with money on it, was my birthday present).
  
My sister's little garden out front, on the boulevard was doing well; 
especially the Irises.


The first trip we made was on the Sea Bus to the North Shore and the Lonsdale Quay. 

 
I was Cinco de Mayo, and there were celebrations happening in the market, with lively, colourful Mexican dancers.



The next day we went on a bird watching hike with a Nature Vancouver guide, around Trout Lake (to me it was more of a large pond). 
This lake is located in a park in Vancouver near Victoria Drive and East 12th Ave., but still has the feel of the country, much like our Don Valley.


 After the the walkabout, we stopped by the Farmer's Market that happens on weekends. There were lots of interesting food stalls, including gluten-free stuff, rhubarb, and plants.
At the end of the row of stalls were several food trucks with hungry customers.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive