1/20/2016

Word On The Street

While in Vancouver, my sister and I attended the "Word On The Street" event.

The City cordoned off the area around the area bounded by West Georgia Street and Robson, so it was easy to wander around the streets and take our time.


Something that I missed while in Vancouver was the three-dimensional art installation in Vancouver's Central Library courtyard.
It was completed in 2010, but obviously not while I was there.

   



I found the information and picture by accident while surfing, so added it to my BC Trip. It boasts over 1200 LED bulbs, and uses a typography that was once very familiar to Vancouverites; it recalls the City's NEON past when the legendary Woodward's sign was visible over the skyline.

The artist, Ron Terada explained that "it references within the context of a public library, since it touches upon the use of words and language as boundless and imaginative".
 

No comments:

Blog Archive